You can now buy your ticket to attend The Daily Collegian reunion events during the weekend of Oct. 22, as well as donate to two fundraisers for the paper.

For each of these – the reunion and the fundraisers – The Collegian AIG is asking for a donation of $135. That is in commemoration of the 135th anniversary of The Collegian. The money raised will go to support The Collegian. There also is an option to donate an amount of your choice.

To register or to donate, go the The Collegian AIG website front page – here – and click on the register or donate buttons. That will take you to a page on the Eventbrite platform where you can securely register and donate.

Those who register can march with The Collegian AIG contingent in the Homecoming parade on Friday, Oct. 22 and attend a party sponsored by the Alumni Association afterward.

In addition, registrants can attend events at The Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications in the Willard Building on Sunday, Oct. 24. Those will include a bagel breakfast at the Bellisario, a tour of the new Bellisario College of Communications facilities and Collegian offices, and a talk by Collegian sports writers and John Black, a former Collegian editor and retiring editor of Penn State’s The Football Letter.

On Saturday, the homecoming game against Minnesota is scheduled.

Barbara Stack

Barbara Stack

I started my journalism career at The Daily Collegian, where I covered cops, "radicals and minorities," and served as editorial page editor. After graduation, I worked as a reporter and feature writer for two community papers, The Tribune-Review and the Beaver County Times, before being hired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I worked for the Post-Gazette for 27 years as a reporter, assistant city editor and editorial page writer. For a decade I covered issues regarding children and families, and a series of stories I wrote, along with a court case I persuaded the Post-Gazette to pursue, led to an order opening to the press and public dependency hearings in Pennsylvania juvenile court. In 2007, I began working as a blog writer for the United Steelworkers Union, composing blogs and op-eds that were published in the name of the union's international president. I am now retired and working as a consultant for The Pittsburgh Foundation's communications department.