Board of Directors

2020-2021 Board of Directors

President: Jordan Hyman, ’99

SVP, head of sales and marketing, Magnet Media
TERM ENDS 2022

Jordan Hyman

Jordan Hyman is SVP, head of sales and marketing for Magnet Media, a boutique strategy and content production shop based in New York City. He is a 22-year veteran of the advertising and marketing industry, having built and run multimillion-dollar branded content divisions at NBC Universal, Dow Jones/The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg and Time Inc (Sports Illustrated, Fortune and Money). A 1999 Penn State grad (journalism), Jordan is President of the Collegian AIG Board and resides in Mountainside, NJ, with his wife Jeannine (Penn State Class of 1999) and three children.

Vice President: Robyn Radomski, ’75

Principal of RLR Advisory Group
TERM ENDS 2023

Robyn Radomski

Robyn is a strategy, marketing and brand positioning executive who has served as Chief Marketing Officer of some of the world’s largest professional services organizations and as Senior Vice President of Edelman Worldwide and Bozell.  She has been widely recognized as a marketing leader by media and business organizations including the American Marketing Association, Legal Marketing Association, Marketing Partner Forum and International Association of Business Communicators. She is retired from her CMO duties and runs her own consulting firm, RLR Advisory Group.  Robyn holds an MBA from DePaul University in Chicago along with her PSU BA in Journalism. She lives in Lake Forest, Illinois and San Diego, California.

Treasurer: Megan Hennigan, ’00

Shopper Marketing, SodaStream International
TERM ENDS 2021

Megan Hennigan

Megan Hennigan graduated with dual degrees in Marketing & International Business as well as French. She held various roles in the Business Division including managing the ‘Office,’ Advertising Executive, & Business Manager. After graduating, she worked at News America Marketing in their sales development program focused on Consumer Products clients. Her experience at The Daily Collegian directly contributed to both securing this role and the quick start in her career. In 2005, she was hired by Heinz North America in the new and growing field of Shopper Marketing. Since then, she has held successive roles in the CPG industry that focus on bridging sales & marketing capabilities at consumer goods organizations. She is passionate about delivering marketing programs that influence shopper behavior, drive sales, and impact growth for both retailers and manufacturers. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband Dr. Nicholas Bonneau (a history professor) and their cat Walter.

Secretary: Barbara White Stack, ’75

Consultant, The Pittsburgh Foundation Communications Department
TERM ENDS 2022

Barbara White Stack
Barbara White Stack

Barbara White Stack is a consultant providing project management to The Pittsburgh Foundation for its annual report.  She is the retired blog editor for the United Steelworkers union, having written and published long form editorials in the name of the international president, published in forums such as Huffington Post and AlterNet. Earlier, she worked for 27 years as an investigative reporter, editor and editorial writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She covered children and family issues for a decade, and her work led to the opening of juvenile court dependency hearings to the press and public in Pennsylvania. Her work was recognized with local, state and national journalism awards. She is a 1975 graduate of Penn State’s journalism school. On The Daily Collegian in the mid-1970s, she covered the police beat, a beat called “radicals and minorities” and served as Editorial Page Editor.

Stacie Coleman, ’99

Sr. Business Control Specialist, Bank of America
TERM ENDS 2022

Stacie Coleman

Rosa Eberly, ’84

Associate Professor of Communication Arts and Sciences and English, Penn State
TERM ENDS 2021

Rosa A. Eberly

Rosa A. Eberly, Associate Professor of Communication Arts and Sciences at Penn State, studies histories and theories of rhetoric, publics theory, public memory, and deliberation. She left a position as Director of the Writing Center and Associate Professor of English at the University of Texas at Austin to return to Penn State in 2002. Since 1996 she has taught courses on relationships among rhetoric, violence, and public memory with emphasis on violence in educational settings. Eberly directs the Intercollege Minor in Civic and Community Engagement, active at eleven Penn State campuses. She teaches graduate seminars on publics theory, rhetoric and poetics, and sound character(s). Eberly is most recently author of Towers of Rhetoric: Memory and Reinvention, an open-source transmedia book (Intermezzo 2018). She is also author of Citizen Critics: Literary Public Spheres (Illinois, 2000); co-editor of A Laboratory for Public Scholarship and Democracy (Jossey-Bass 2006) and The Sage Handbook of Rhetoric (2008); co-author of The Elements of Reasoning, 2d ed. (Allyn and Bacon 2000); and articles on publics theory, proto-public deliberation in rhetoric classrooms, public memory, sound studies, and rhetoric and identity. Her current book project is a study of Harry Shearer’s Le Show and character, titled Character Machine.

Curt Harler, ’72

Freelance Writer
TERM ENDS 2023

Curt Harler
Curt Harler

For 30 years, Curt Harler (www.curtharler.com) traveled the globe as a freelance writer covering environmental issues, farming, and high-tech security. Formerly editor-in-chief of Lancaster Farming, he holds a BA in Journalism and BS in Agriculture from Penn State and a MS in ag economics and rural sociology from Ohio State. He authored several books on rock climbing, caving and computer networking. He contributed chapters to THE COLLEGIAN CHRONICLES – a history of Penn State as seen through the paper’s pages. But it’s not all work. Curt is an avid rock climber and caver. He served as executive vice president of the National Speleological Society (www.caves.org) and plays USTA tennis. A member of Alpha Zeta fraternity, he was a reporter, senior reporter and features editor on THE DAILY COLLEGIAN and played in the marching Blue Band.

R.J. Hufnagel, ’94

Editor, USW@Work
TERM ENDS 2022

R.J. Hufnagel
R.J. Hufnagel

R.J. Hufnagel is the editor of USW@Work, the United Steelworkers union’s quarterly magazine with a circulation of 800,000. A native of Pittsburgh, he graduated from Penn State in 1994 with a degree in journalism. He spent four years on the news staff of the Daily Collegian, serving as a reporter, news editor, campus editor and opinion editor. R.J. spent 14 years as an editor and occasional writer with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and served three terms as president of the Newspaper Guild of Pittsburgh.

Dave Jones ’54

Retired, New York Times
TERM ENDS 2021

David Jones

Dave Jones is a 1954 graduate of Penn State with a bachelor’s of arts in Journalism. He served as editor of The Daily Collegian in 1954. Jones was a Lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force from 1955 to 1957. He earned a master’s degree in American history from New York University in 1961.  Jones was a reporter for Wall Street Journal in New York and Pittsburgh from 1957 to 1963 and The New York Times  in Detroit and Washington from 1963 to 1968.  For the Times, he was National Editor from 1972 to 1987, editor of National Editions from 1987 to 1997, and Assistant Managing Editor from 1989 to 1997.  He served as Alumni Trustee for Penn State from 1997 to 2012. He married in 1955 to Mary Lee Lauffer (Daily Collegian Managing Editor and B.A. journalism 1955).  He lives in Montclair, N.J.

Anthony Layser ’01

VP of Content Partnerships and Programming, XUMO
TERM ENDS 2021

Anthony Layser
Anthony Layser

Anthony Layser is vice president, partnerships and programming at XUMO — a Comcast company, the premium television and video-on-demand service for the digital age. In this role, Layser is responsible for developing strategy and analysis used by the executive team to determine and prioritize content partnerships and potential channel partners. He leads on programming development/strategy, content acquisition deals, and partner management for XUMO. Layser also works across departments (product, operations, finance, legal, marketing, and advertising teams) to plan and execute KPI driven initiatives. Prior to joining the XUMO team, Layser served as the North American content vice president at Dailymotion — a Vivendi company. His role involved implementing video content development strategies and leading partner acquisition efforts. Earlier in his career, Anthony produced AOL’s You’ve Got video series and developed the video content strategy for both the men’s and women’s lifestyle networks at AOL.

Kevin Naff ’92

Editor and Co-Owner of the Washington Blade
TERM ENDS 2023

Kevin Naff

Kevin Naff is editor and co-owner of the Washington Blade, the oldest and most acclaimed LGBTQ news publication in the United States, founded in 1969. Naff is a co-founder and owner of Brown Naff Pitts Omnimedia, which publishes the Blade and owns ancillary businesses, including sister publication the Los Angeles Blade and Azer Creative, a full-service marketing and advertising agency based in D.C., as well as the Blade Foundation, a 501(c)3. Naff is an award-winning journalist, honored for 10 consecutive years by the Society of Professional Journalists for his editorial writing. Prior to joining the Blade in 2002, he worked in business development for the Verizon Wireless data group; launched the Baltimore Sun’s website in 1996; and worked as an editor and business reporter for Reuters in New York. He has served on the board of directors of several organizations, including the D.C. Chapter of the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association, the Maryland Corporate Council, the Pennsylvania State University LGBTA Student Resource Center, and Live Baltimore.
Naff earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Pennsylvania State University in 1992 and a master’s certificate in public policy from the Legislative Studies Institute, a joint program of Columbia University and Georgetown. He served as a reporter, Campus News Editor and Opinions Editor for the Daily Collegian, 1988-1992. He lives in Baltimore and Rehoboth Beach, Del., with his husband.

Karen Pallotta ’85

Retired EVP, Fannie Mae
TERM ENDS 2023

Karen Pallotta worked on the Daily Collegian business staff selling advertising to local merchants and graduated from Penn State in 1985.  She subsequently earned an MBA and lives with her family in the Washington DC Metro area.  The Daily Collegian served as her first “business” related job and the experience she gained helped launch her on a 30-year career in managing financial services businesses.  Karen is currently a retired Executive Vice President of Fannie Mae, operates her own advisory business and serves on the Board of Directors of Stewart Title.  She is eager to share her business knowledge with current students and to connect with other Collegian alumni.

Immediate Past President: Chuck Hall, ’83
CEO, Bizinuum LLC

The Daily Collegian

Editor in Chief: Maddie Aiken

Business Manager: Sarah Andriano

General Manager: Wayne Lowman
gmpsudc@gmail.com