Today’s Collegian students and Collegian alumni have a lot in common, as we all work to chart a course forward through turbulent times. The world of journalism and media-related businesses were going through dramatic change, even before the current “work from home” environment was forced upon us. The Collegian Alumni interest group affords an opportunity for alumni to connect and share — and to help students navigate their education and careers.

You can be part of helping students, connecting with fellow alumni, and building the Collegian legacy by joining the Collegian AIG Board. We’re looking for energetic Collegian alumni interested in being nominated to serve on our Board of Directors. Each involves a three-year term, beginning in the fall of 2020.

ELIGIBILITY: If you worked for The Daily Collegian as a student AND are a member of the Penn State Alumni Association, you are eligible to be elected to the Board.

RESPONSIBILITIES: Members participate by telephone in periodic, hour-long sessions and in an annual meeting held in State College. In addition, members are expected to serve on committees that further the work of the Board. We ask Board members to commit to two to four hours of time each month — in meetings, doing work of the Board and/or working with students.

HOW TO APPLY: The Nominating Committee will advance a slate of candidates; to be considered, please complete this information form by May 14: https://forms.gle/jF4nJPJWuu4ujWtJ6 . If you have any questions regarding the nomination and election process, please contact Nominating Committee Chair Anthony Layser anthony.layser@gmail.com.

Categories: Board