Author, podcaster, personal finance expert and PSU Daily Collegian alum Farnoosh Torabi talks about her career with Collegian Assistant Creative Director Elizabeth Bourque in this new installment of the Collegian Roundtables sponsored by the Collegian Alumni Interest Group (AIG).

Torabi graduated from Penn State in 2002 with a bachelor’s of science degree in finance and international business, after which she earned a master’s degree in journalism from Columbia University.

She launched her career as a researcher and reporter for Money Magazine, wrote five books including bestseller “When She Makes More: The Truth about Navigating Love and Life for a New Generation of Women,” hosted the CNBC primetime series, “Follow the Leader,” and hosts the award-winning podcast, “So Money.”

In addition, Torabi served as a financial correspondent for Jim Cramer’s “TheStreet.com” and writes a monthly financial column for “O, the Oprah Magazine.”

Categories: BoardNews

Barbara Stack

I started my journalism career at The Daily Collegian, where I covered cops, "radicals and minorities," and served as editorial page editor. After graduation, I worked as a reporter and feature writer for two community papers, The Tribune-Review and the Beaver County Times, before being hired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I worked for the Post-Gazette for 27 years as a reporter, assistant city editor and editorial page writer. For a decade I covered issues regarding children and families, and a series of stories I wrote, along with a court case I persuaded the Post-Gazette to pursue, led to an order opening to the press and public dependency hearings in Pennsylvania juvenile court. In 2007, I began working as a blog writer for the United Steelworkers Union, composing blogs and op-eds that were published in the name of the union's international president. I am now retired and working as a consultant for The Pittsburgh Foundation's communications department.