Main Menu

Collegian Alumni Reunion

The Daily Collegian’s 130th anniversary celebration will be held November 3 through 5, with our celebratory banquet the evening of November 4, 2017, at the Nittany Lion Inn. The weekend will be filled with opportunities to connect with old friends, make some new ones, and catch up with all the latest at the Collegian and on campus.

Click to Register for the Reunion

Reunion Weekend Schedule

FRIDAY, NOV. 3

Happy Hour

7 p.m.

Whiskers at the Nittany Lion Inn

If you’re coming into town on Friday, join fellow Collegian alumni for an informal happy hour at Whisker’s. From there, feel free to take your group to Cafe 210 West (Teas please), Zeno’s (is the beer passport still a thing?), the Adam’s Apple (we’ve missed you, Original Sins), Chumley’s (Strawberry Nesquik Martinis!), The Skeller (can you still handle a case study?) or whatever was your favorite college bar.

SATURDAY, NOV. 4

Tour: What’s new on campus?

10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Meet at Old Main

The Lion Ambassadors will take us on a walking tour to show off what’s new on campus. Even if you graduated last year, we bet something around here has changed. We’ll also spend some time in the Carnegie Building exploring the original Collegian office and what the building is used for today.

Football watch party

Time TBD

Whiskers at the Nittany Lion Inn

Grab your blue-and-white gear and join us for a football viewing party at Whisker’s where we’ll cheer on the Nittany Lions as they take on Michigan State. We’ll share the time once it’s announced.

Cocktail hour

6 p.m.

Atrium at the Nittany Lion Inn

Reconnect with old friends and meet new friends during this pre-banquet cocktail hour while enjoying appetizers and a cash bar.

The Daily Collegian reunion banquet

7 — 10 p.m.

Ballroom at the Nittany Lion Inn

Join us to celebrate 130 years of The Daily Collegian. Enjoy a three-course meal with a cash bar. Applaud Collegian hall of famers, talk with current students, meet your alumni Board and pick up some new knowledge from a keynote speaker (to be announced).

SUNDAY, NOV. 5

Farewell breakfast and Collegian open house

10:30 — 11:30 a.m.

The Daily Collegian offices, 123 S. Burrowes St.

Tour The Daily Collegian offices and stop by for a light breakfast before you head home.

Special opportunity for Collegian students: Table Talks

11 a.m. — 1 p.m.

Collegian alumni will be stationed throughout the building to offer real-world advice on the topic you’re thinking about every day — digital journalism, getting a job, how to hack it as a freelancer, upping advertising revenue, and more.

Alumni: If you are interested in lending your expertise, please email CollegianAIG@gmail.com.

Register Now!

Registration for the reunion is now open. Click button below to register.

Lodging: Currently, there is no hotel availability at the Nittany Lion Inn. However, guests who use our promo code (DACO17A) and book at the Penn Stater will be contacted in early October if space becomes available at the Inn. Otherwise, a free shuttle runs between the two hotels. Call 1-800-233-7505 for hotel reservations.

An additional block of rooms is available at the Days Inn downtown (814-238-8454).

Register for the Reunion Now!