Lion Legacy Podcast hosts Jared Melzer and Ross Weisbrot interviewed Collegian Alumni Interest Group Board member Dave Jones, noting that, as a 1954 PSU graduate, he was their most tenured guest.

It is the 26th Lion Legacy podcast and can be found here.

Jones, who served on the Penn State Board of Trustees from 1997 to 2012, talked to Melzer and Weisbrot about newspaper stories he wrote in the 1960s and a visit to the White House that netted him an exclusive story.

Jones served as Collegian editor in chief during the 1953-54 school year and worked as a reporter and editor for both the Wall Street Journal and New York Times

Categories: BoardNews

Barbara Stack

I started my journalism career at The Daily Collegian, where I covered cops, "radicals and minorities," and served as editorial page editor. After graduation, I worked as a reporter and feature writer for two community papers, The Tribune-Review and the Beaver County Times, before being hired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I worked for the Post-Gazette for 27 years as a reporter, assistant city editor and editorial page writer. For a decade I covered issues regarding children and families, and a series of stories I wrote, along with a court case I persuaded the Post-Gazette to pursue, led to an order opening to the press and public dependency hearings in Pennsylvania juvenile court. In 2007, I began working as a blog writer for the United Steelworkers Union, composing blogs and op-eds that were published in the name of the union's international president. I am now retired and working as a consultant for The Pittsburgh Foundation's communications department.