Collegian Alumni and their families are invited to attend an open house to say farewell to the Collegian’s current home in the James Building, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, April 14 — Blue-White Weekend. Alumni will have the opportunity to reminisce with each other and talk with current students. The event will also feature a silent auction to give alumni the opportunity to own various bits of Collegian memorabilia.

Refreshments will be provided by the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. The event is free for alumni and their family members, however, we ask that you register so we can have an accurate count for the event. You can register here.

The Collegian will be moving the James Building after this semester to a temporary home in the Greenberg Building on campus. The Collegian will then move to the new Donald P. Bellisario Media Center late this year in Willard Building.

For alumni who spent their Collegian years in the James Building, the move is a sad occasion, but the deteriorating condition of the James Building makes its demolition and reconstruction necessary. Alumni who enjoyed their Collegian years in Carnegie Building, recall the Collegian’s time on campus as the norm.

You can read more information about the move in the Collegian.

2 Comments

Ken Franklin · at

Some of us remember when Collegian was in the basement of Sackett Building.

Collegian AIG · at

Thank you, Ken! Here is some detailed historical information about the Collegian locations. https://www.collegian.psu.edu/collegian_inc/article_c603c6c0-ce94-11e5-a410-47dadf01a285.html