In the board election in August, Collegian alumni elected two new members and re-elected two sitting AIG board members. In addition, another board member was named to replace one who resigned.

The returning members are Robyn Radomski, President of the Board, and Karen Pallotta, who created and oversees the AIG mentoring program and chairs the Board’s Alumni Engagement Committee.

New to the board are two elected members Nichole Dobo, national writer for The Hechinger Report, and Daniel Kohli-Winklebleck, President, Kohli-Winklebleck Development, LLC.

Terry Mutchler

Appointed to the board to replace Christopher Wightman, who resigned, is Terry Mutchler, a lawyer, author, journalist and, of course, a Collegian alum. A 1987 graduate of Penn State, she also is a graduate of the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law.

She is chair of Transparency and Public Data Practice at the law firm of Obermayer Rebman Maxwell & Hippel LLP in Philadelphia. She started the nation’s first transparency law practice for media, multinational corporations and individuals to navigate the complex world of public records law. She was appointed in 2008 by former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell as the founding director of Pennsylvania’s Office of Open Records enforcing the state’s Right to Know Law. Before that, she was the first Public Access Counselor in Illinois under Attorney General Lisa Madigan.

Earlier in her career, Terry was an award-winning reporter and served as Associated Press’ Bureau Chief in New Jersey and Alaska. She was the first woman appointed AP statehouse correspondent. And she is the author of the award-winning book, Under This Beautiful Dome: A Senator, A Journalist, and the Politics of Gay Love in America.

Nichole is an experienced nonprofit newsroom leader and national news reporter. She works at The Hechinger Report, a pioneering national nonprofit news outlet. She manages the product, audience growth and innovation work, facilitating cooperation across departments to meet editorial and revenue goals.

Nichole Dobo

In 2021, Nicole was awarded a Knight-Wallace Fellowship from the University of Michigan to study rural affairs, polarization and trust in the media. Her reporting has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, High Country News, Newsweek, The Atlantic and Slate. She worked at local newspapers earlier in her career, earning a variety of awards. She was a reporter and campus chief at The Daily Collegian. She lives in Media, Pa. with her husband, Wade Malcolm, who is also a Penn State and Daily Collegian alumni.

Dan launched his company in 2022 and provides strategic support for fundraising operations and grant seeking for small to mid-sized nonprofit clients. Before that, he spent a decade focusing on fundraising and development operations for health care organizations in Rochester, N.Y., Columbus, Ohio, and New Jersey.

Dan Kohli-Winklebleck

He graduated from Penn State in 2007 with degrees in History and Geography. He earned a Master’s degree in Museum Studies in 2010 from the State University of New York. He worked or interned for institutions such as the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Boston Children’s Museum, Rochester Museum and Science Center, and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.

At The Collegian, he worked on the sports staff throughout his time at Penn State, eventually becoming a Sports Editor. Dan believes lessons he learned about information gathering, editing, and storytelling during his time at The Collegian have been essential building blocks for every step of his career. He lives with his wife and two children in the Rochester, N.Y., area.

Robyn is a strategy, marketing and brand positioning executive who has served as Chief Marketing Officer of some of the world’s largest professional services organizations and as Senior Vice President of Edelman Worldwide and Bozell.  She is retired and now runs her own consulting firm, RLR Advisory Group. She was elected to a two-year term as President of the AIG board in 2022.

Robyn has been recognized as a marketing leader by media and business organizations including the American Marketing Association, Legal Marketing Association, Marketing Partner Forum and International Association of Business Communicators. She holds an MBA from DePaul University in Chicago as well as a bachelor’s from Penn State in Journalism. She lives with her husband, also a Penn State graduate, in Lake Forest, Illinois and San Diego.

Robyn Radomski

At The Collegian, she was a copy and graphics editor and reporter, experiences that were integral to her career.

Karen is a retired Executive Vice President of Fannie Mae, operates her own advisory business and serves on the Board of Directors of Stewart Title.

The Penn State Alumni Association selected Karen to receive the 2023 Mark and Carol Poblete Award for Alumni Leadership Development. She was nominated by the AIG board for creating the current AIG mentorship program and for her annual efforts to improve it.

Karen Pallotta

The Daily Collegian served as Karen’s first “business” related job, and the experience she gained helped launch her on a 30-year career in managing financial services businesses.

She worked on The Collegian business staff selling advertising to local merchants and graduated from Penn State in 1985. She subsequently earned an MBA and lives with her family in the Washington DC Metro area.

Categories: BoardNews

Barbara Stack

I started my journalism career at The Daily Collegian, where I covered cops, "radicals and minorities," and served as editorial page editor. After graduation, I worked as a reporter and feature writer for two community papers, The Tribune-Review and the Beaver County Times, before being hired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I worked for the Post-Gazette for 27 years as a reporter, assistant city editor and editorial page writer. For a decade I covered issues regarding children and families, and a series of stories I wrote, along with a court case I persuaded the Post-Gazette to pursue, led to an order opening to the press and public dependency hearings in Pennsylvania juvenile court. In 2007, I began working as a blog writer for the United Steelworkers Union, composing blogs and op-eds that were published in the name of the union's international president. I am now retired and working as a consultant for The Pittsburgh Foundation's communications department.