The board of directors for The Daily Collegian Alumni Interest Group has scheduled Aug. 31 through Sept. 7 for the election of new board members.

A nominating committee consisting of three board members, chaired by R.J. Hufnagel, will interview candidates to serve on the board and recommend a slate of candidates. A tentative slate of candidates will be posted on the Collegian AUG website by July 1.

Anyone interested in serving may contact R.J. at CollegianAIG@gmail.com.

Candidates must have served on the Collegian staff, be members of the Penn State Alumni Association and be willing to serve a term of three years.

Anyone who is not nominated by the committee but wishes to serve may advance their candidacy by sending to the Collegian AIG a statement of interest, a resume and the signatures of 20 Collegian AIG members in support of their candidacy. Self-nominations must be received at CollegianAIG@gmail.com by Aug. 1.

The Collegian AIG board is a working group that promotes The Daily Collegian and Penn State and provides a means for alumni of The Collegian to connect for personal and professional enrichment.

Categories: Uncategorized

Barbara Stack

I started my journalism career at The Daily Collegian, where I covered cops, "radicals and minorities," and served as editorial page editor. After graduation, I worked as a reporter and feature writer for two community papers, The Tribune-Review and the Beaver County Times, before being hired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I worked for the Post-Gazette for 27 years as a reporter, assistant city editor and editorial page writer. For a decade I covered issues regarding children and families, and a series of stories I wrote, along with a court case I persuaded the Post-Gazette to pursue, led to an order opening to the press and public dependency hearings in Pennsylvania juvenile court. In 2007, I began working as a blog writer for the United Steelworkers Union, composing blogs and op-eds that were published in the name of the union's international president. I am now retired and working as a consultant for The Pittsburgh Foundation's communications department.