Stacie Coleman resigned from the Collegian AIG board in late May and has been replaced by Nicole Miao, class of 2018.

Board President Jordan Hyman, who appointed Nicole, announced the selection and said the board is thrilled to have someone with Miao’s skills and enthusiasm agree to join.

Nicole is a data scientist at Havas Edge, a subsidiary of Havas Group and the largest vertically integrated full-service performance marketing agency in the world.

She graduated from Penn State with dual degrees in Advertising/PR and Information, Sciences and Technologies. During her time at University Park, she rose through the ranks of the Daily Collegian as a promotion representative, business operations specialist, and finally business operations manager.

She was a Schreyer Scholar, an Interstate Advertising Managers’ Association Scholarship recipient, and a member of the Kappa Tau Alpha Society.

After Penn State, Nicole earned her master’s degree in Integrated Marketing Communication from Northwestern University, where she was a Spiegel Research Fellow.

At Havas Edge, she applies statistical techniques, data analytical tools and business intelligence methodologies to developing media-buying strategies and optimizing campaign performance across multiple media platforms.

Categories: Uncategorized

Barbara Stack

I started my journalism career at The Daily Collegian, where I covered cops, "radicals and minorities," and served as editorial page editor. After graduation, I worked as a reporter and feature writer for two community papers, The Tribune-Review and the Beaver County Times, before being hired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I worked for the Post-Gazette for 27 years as a reporter, assistant city editor and editorial page writer. For a decade I covered issues regarding children and families, and a series of stories I wrote, along with a court case I persuaded the Post-Gazette to pursue, led to an order opening to the press and public dependency hearings in Pennsylvania juvenile court. In 2007, I began working as a blog writer for the United Steelworkers Union, composing blogs and op-eds that were published in the name of the union's international president. I am now retired and working as a consultant for The Pittsburgh Foundation's communications department.